吉祥棋牌游戏大厅免费下载Psychology is the science that deals with the brain and human behavior in all its forms—psychological, cognitive, emotional, individual and group. Its methods range from those similar to the ones used in the humanities to those used in the natural sciences. It offers students a perspective that not only can lead to a career in itself but is also a useful adjunct to any discipline.
Why Major in Psychology?
吉祥棋牌游戏大厅免费下载Students gain many marketable quantitative and qualitative skills through our psychology major. They include:
- Verbal communication???????????
- Interpersonal skills
- Basic clinical skills
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of human behavior and development
- Knowledge of group behavior, decision making and organizations
- Interpretation of research
- Technical writing and reading
- Information gathering and synthesis
- Public speaking/presentation skills
- Computer skills
- Analytical skills/statistics/SPSS statistical software
What Can I Do with a Degree in Psychology?
There are many things the broad-based foundation of a B.A. in psychology can prepare you for, such as:
- Case Management?????
- Human Services
- Nonprofit Administration
- Education/Higher Ed
- Human Resources
- Marketing/Market Research
- Advertising/Public Relations
- Technical or Proposal Writing
With additional schooling and/or credentialing, you can also pursue careers in:
- Clinical Psychology
- Social Work
- Physical or Occupational Therapy
- Speech Pathology
- Art, Music, Dance or Drama Therapy
- Child Life Specialist
吉祥棋牌游戏大厅免费下载…and much, much more! ?For further information, you can refer to this publication from the American Psychology Association:
How to Become a Psychology Major
To declare your major or minor in psychology or gerontology, you must attend a declaration meeting in the psychology department where we will review the course requirements and check your transcripts for prerequisites. You will also fill out the major declaration form and be assigned to a faculty advisor in the department. For further information, please contact Ramon Viera, Student Services Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clubs and Organizations
News and Announcements