The University has implemented a license plate recognition (LPR) system and switched all campuses to a virtual permit parking system. Physical permits?will no longer be issued. License plates will be used to verify that a car can park on campus. Faculty and staff are allowed to have two vehicles assigned?to their virtual permit. Students are allowed to have one vehicle assigned to?their virtual permit.
For a list of parking citations and fines, please visit the Citations page.
Students, faculty and staff will register their vehicle(s) on the virtual permit parking system.
- Collect your vehicle information (license plate number, make, model, etc.)
- Log into your with your NEIUport user name and password
- After completion, you will receive a receipt for your records
To register a rental vehicle, log into your with your NEIUport user name and password.
Only University employees?are allowed to register more than one?vehicle to their virtual parking permit. The maximum vehicles allowed is?two. Only one car at a time is allowed to park at?Northeastern's?locations with the virtual parking permit.
All virtual permits have an?associated zone?assigned to them and can be used only?in designated parking areas.
Gold zone (Formerly Level 1)
- Gold Zone virtual parking permit is also valid in all Blue Zone and Green Zone areas?parking areas.
- Gold Zone parking areas can be identified by the signage color.
- The entire Lots?of A and?PE are Gold Zone?parking.
- The first floor on the east and north sides?of the Parking Facility has Gold Zone parking.
- Additionally, there is one row of Gold Zone?parking available in the C, F and J lots.
- Students are not automatically billed for Gold Zone?parking. They must cancel their automatically billed Blue Zone?parking fee?and pay the student fee of $379?per semester?for student Gold Zone?parking?at Student Payment Services.
Blue zone (formerly Level 2)
- You must park in the designated Blue Zone?areas.
- Blue Zone parking areas can be identified by the signage color.
- A Blue Zone virtual?parking permit is also valid in all Green Zone?parking areas.
- A Blue Zone virtual parking?permit is invalid in a Gold Zone parking area.
green zone (formerly Level 3)
- You must park in the designated Green Zone areas.
- Green Zone parking areas can be identified by?the signage color.
- A Green Zone virtual?parking permit is not valid in any Gold Zone or Blue Zone?parking area.
- Green Zone virtual parking?is available to certain designated Northeastern union employee groups.