Northeastern Illinois University offers tuition scholarships to qualified students. A limited number of these scholarships are available through the Department of Communication, Media?and Theatre. The tuition scholarship exempts the recipient from paying all or a portion of the tuition charge, depending on the size of the scholarship.
To qualify for consideration, applicants must:
- Be accepted for admission to Northeastern Illinois University.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from individuals active in the field of talent or special skills. The recommendations may be submitted by teachers from the student’s high school, Northeastern Illinois University faculty members, faculty members of another college or university the student has attended, or from professionals active in any area of communication, media and/or theatre.
- Submit a resume detailing experiences in any activity where you practiced skills related to communication, media and/or theatre.
- Be willing to commit to the hours of participation each semester based on the following formula: For every one credit hour of tuition scholarship awarded, nine clock hours of participation in the Department of Communication, Media and Theatre?as a talent scholar are required each semester. Example: If 6?credit hours are awarded, then 54?clock hours must be worked/documented.
- Complete the application and submit all application documents through the Google Form.
To qualify for renewal consideration, recipient must:
- Remain in continuous attendance as a full-time or a part-time student.
- Actively participate in the designated talent area by completing the required clock hours.
- Turn in completed time-sheets and fill out the ?to the CMT Talent/Special Skills Scholarship Coordinator,?Sarah J. Fabian?(Office?FA 232),?firstname.lastname@example.org,?by the last day of classes for the semester awarded.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average.
Application PROCESS & Deadlines
- Please be sure to have your letters of recommendation and resume ready to upload to submit with your application.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- To ensure consideration for the fall semester, please submit your application materials?by?July 1. Candidates will receive notification by Aug. 1 (at the latest).
- To ensure consideration for the spring semester, please by?Nov.?1.?Candidates will receive notification by Dec.?1.
- CMT Talent/Special Skills Scholarships cannot apply for the summer terms.
To apply, please click the button below, and log in using your Nmail account.
If you have any questions about the CMT Talent/Special Skills scholarships, please contact Sarah J. Fabian at